IBX5980432E7F390 Unsung Makeup Heroes: NARS Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil - Health time

Unsung Makeup Heroes: NARS Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi ($26), a total unsung makeup hero
Dang, it’s hot here today…
Like, fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk hot here today (incidentally, have you ever tried that?).
Or, sweat-until-you-have-a-major-life-revelation hot here today.
Basically, it’s sticky-back-of-the-knees, crook-of-the-elbows, middle-of-the-booty-cheeks hot here today (oh, and my air conditioner isn’t working).
The only things keeping me from melting into a puddle of sweat are 1) the fact that it’s a dry heat (it DOES make a difference), and 2) this tube of NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi ($26), because it’s cool. :)


GURL, you’ve probably seen me wear this satiny coral lipstick on my pout before (I wore it on my trip to NOLA). It’s one of my all-time summertime faves, and I bust it out every year. If I were to list my top five summer corals, it would be top three.
The long-running Unsung Heroes series here on Makeup and Beauty Blog features some of my all-time favorite permanent collection products.
How do I love Lodhi? Let me count the ways…
The pencil packaging. One of the permanent collection NARS Satin Lip Pencils, Lodhi is a pigmented, smooth lipstick with a satin finish, and the pencil packaging is one of its strengths. A lot of the time with brights lipsticks, I need to use an additional lip liner to keep my edges from looking wonky, but because Lodhi already comes in a pencil, I just line the edges with it, and then fill in the rest of my lips. So it saves a step.
THAT FORMULA, THO! It’s totally on point. The creamy formula glides across my lips (there’s none of that annoying tugging, bah!) but isn’t so soft that it melts in extreme heat. I’ve taken Lodhi with me on summer trips up to Redding, California, which gets well into the triple digits (it was 110 there today!!), and it has never melted in my purse. The unscented, unflavored formula is also moisturizing and very forgiving of my flaky, textured lips. Plus, it lasts from four to five hours and plays nicely with gloss (try it with NARS Orgasm Gloss sometime).
The intensity! The color is just shy of bright neon — right where it needs to be to stay classy, as opposed to costume-y. But it’s definitely bold, which means that when I wear it I can get away with wearing less makeup on other parts of my face. This comes in handy in summer, especially on freakishly hot days when I don’t want to pile a ton of product on my skin.
I’ll do my brows, apply waterproof mascara, a little tinted moisturizer and a touch of under-eye concealer, then Lodhi, and I’ll be set. And if you do feel like wearing something elaborate on your eyes, Lodhi pairs well with browns, golds, greens, olives, khakis taupes and purples. Wearing it with a thick black cat eye and well groomed brows is really pretty, too. Very vintage, pin-up glam.
Wearing NARS Lodhi on my lips and the Hourglass Color Field Palette on my eyes
Lodhi might be a good option for you if you’ve been giving matte lips a sneaky side-eye this summer but haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet. Its satin finish almost looks like a matte, but because it does have a faint hint of shine, it doesn’t look completely flat.
I hope you fall in love with Lodhi this summer (or any time of year)! And if you do, and you feel up to it, please send me a pic of you wearing it, or tag me on Instagram. You can find Lodhi now at NARS counters, Nordstrom and online in the permanent collection.

from Makeup and Beauty Blog |  http://ift.tt/1KdVzZP

Berlangganan Untuk Mendapatkan Artikel Terbaru:

0 Komentar Untuk "Unsung Makeup Heroes: NARS Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil"

Post a Comment